Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Wait a Day...

On Wednesday of this week I was starting to wonder how much longer I could stand the monotony of my job. It was making me crazy trying to think of things to do to keep myself busy. I was starting to get nervous, wondering if I was expendable. I was really stressed about it all Wednesday night. But then I came in Thursday morning, and surprise! I was assigned an additional project, and it sounds like a good one. I've also been worried (or trying not to worry) about being assigned to a job that's really far away, but this one is only 45 minutes away and I only have to travel there once a week. Not bad! Suddenly I'm busy starting up this new project, and I felt great today, rushing around getting things done. I was always slammed at my job in Seattle, and I liked the hustle and bustle.

As for my new new years resolutions, I'm doing pretty well. I was a couple minutes late a couple days this week, but the worst day was 3 minutes. I'm starting to make time to call family, and I've also worked out twice this week. Both times were really tough. I did a Biggest Loser DVD one night and was sore for 2 days afterwards. I checked out some additional workout DVDs from the library today to keep it interesting.

I'm weaning Brenden this week. Tonight was supposed to be our first night without nursing, but he's sick with a cold and I didn't think it was the best night for a big change. We'll make the switch sometime in the next week, so he'll be ready for my trip out of town. I'm heading to Indianapolis for 3 days of training, one of which happens to be on Valentine's Day. I'm not thrilled about it, but it's not the end of the world. And since I have no choice, we'll just deal with it.

No comments: